Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

The day I almost lost my best friend

      My best friend Brooke, (a.k.a. B) was in a horrible car accident earlier this week. Earlier that day before heading to Narrows to see a friend, she drove me to work, and she was torn about whether she should go to Narrows or to a rodeo with another friend. She told me before I got out of the car that she had a bad feeling about going to Narrows, for some reason, and said she felt like something bad was going to happen. She went to Narrows anyway.

       Later that night, at 9:30, her bag fell from her passenger seat as she went back home. She leaned down to get the bag and the console compartment came open. That's when she flipped her car, coming out with a bad concussion; she hit her head and the car was on its side. She passed out and doesn't remember hitting her head, or flipping it, glass flying. I guess it's a blessing that she doesn't remember.
     
       I am always with B.  We do everything together in her 4-Runner: we cried together, we laughed together, we sang to the top of our lungs together, we talked about all our dreams and how obnoxious boys could be, together. The night of the crash we weren't together, and I regret that.

-Cassie Crisp





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Comments will post after approval from a moderator.