Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Mutt-in But Trouble (Mutt-in Good Here Chapter 2)

Now where were we...Oh yeah!

----

After my madre arrived from a dull job in the local state park, my pet lizard Bowser screeched from his aquarium due to the closing of the oak-brown door. I changed my Skype status to "Away," picked up Bowser, and took him downstairs to see mama.

"Laverne, how was your first day at that crazy ol' high school?" she asked, setting her papers down and seating herself at our bar-style counter.

"It sucked more than a lifetime supply of lollipops, mama!" I groaned, staring down at the omelette my padre had been cooking. Bowser seemed to be the only one enjoying the meal, the rest of us awkwardly poking through it.

"Sorry, Shanique, I put WAY too many eggs in that dish," mi padre apologized, his dusty-brown skin running with sweat.

"Mauricio, it's fine!" mi madre sighed out, disappointed in the meal he cooked for us. "At least someone is happy," she added, glancing down at little Bowser.

The rest of dinner was a blur in my memory.

-----

After that, I got back onto Skype, not realizing that Bowser was clinging to my ponytail the whole time.

"Laverne! You're finally back!" my other friend Cat cheerfully exclaimed, pushing her crow-black hair off her face. "I just beat Becky in Super Smash Bros with Greninja!"

"Greninja's overpowered, Cat! Besides, you know Shulk is my main bae!" Becky giggled, her peachy skin hidden away by sunset-orange hair. "Laverne, who are you gonna use in our next Super Smash Bros game?"

I chuckled. "Kirby of course. He'll take Shulk by the Xenoblade and BLAST him away!"

"Laverne, don't you talk trash about my fictional husband!" chuckled Becky.

"Guys, guys, guys, GUYS. My Luigi Amiibo finally arrived from Amazon!" Mikasa squealed, displaying the figure as Chowchow barked in the distance.

"I am so jelly, Mikasa," gushed Becky, throwing a Goomba plush at the camera.

"Please, I got my Lucario one the day it came out," I scoffed, showing it off as Bowser licked my cheek.

Cat gasped, "OH MY BACON, LAVERNE CAN YOU SEND IT TO MY HOUSE?!?!"

"Cat, I can't just send Lucario over to West Virginia!" I sighed out, accidentally barking.

"Then, just draw it for me and put it on deviantART, dummy!" typed out Cat, coughing from talking excessively.

"Guys, guys, it's 3 AM over here, we gotta end the call," groaned Becky as the Skype call immediately ended.

It was rather late here in Arizona as well, so I set my Skype status to "Do Not Disturb," shut down Chrome, then turned off my Dell. I gently placed Bowser inside his aquarium, crawled into bed, then slept the night away.

------

Stay tuned for Chapter 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Comments will post after approval from a moderator.