Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

Josh Wynn: The Road to Nationals

                Over the weekend Joshua Wynn competed in another State level tournament.   In an email chain with Josh, I asked the following questions about this weekend’s tournament.

Q:  Josh, what competitions did you compete in this weekend?
A:  Greco-Roman and Freestyle wrestling.

Q:  What was your favorite part of the tournament?
A:  Wrestling hard and winning matches.  I liked the Greco part because it is just so different.

Q:  How did you place in the events you competed in?
A:  I got second in Greco, and third in Freestyle.

Q:  Did you know many wrestlers at the tournament?
A:  I knew a few guys here and there, but I was the only single A kid there.

Q:  Were you pleased with the way you wrestled this weekend?
A:  I feel that I wrestled well, but I feel like I could have executed my footwork better.

Q:  Was the level of competition substantially higher than the competition at your last state level appearance?
A:  Yes.   It was all divisions, crowning one champion. 

Q:  Do you plan to attend this tournament again in the future?
A:  Yeah, I want to improve and go back next year and win. 

Q:  What do you plan on changing about your attitude going into the tournament next year?
A:  I think, next year I need to open up more.  I want to make sure I hold nothing back when I wrestle.

Q:  Does this tournament lead you to anything else in your wrestling career?
A:  I get to go to Fargo, North Dakota to compete in the biggest tournament in the nation.  It is a great opportunity for me.

- Allie Pertee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Comments will post after approval from a moderator.