Pages

Friday, May 20, 2016

Interview with Kelly Quinley: Getting a Job

I sat down with Kelly Quinley to ask her about her past experience with working, either on a farm or just for her parents. I got the details on what job she would want to start working once she turns sixteen, and about what she looks in for it. 

Me: " You turn sixteen in August. what type of job would prefer?"

Kelly: " Easy job like a cashier, nothing too complicated since I'm still learning."

Me: "Do you think you could handle a job and juggle school work?" 

Kelly: "Yes, I work very hard in school, and if I couldn't I would quit because an education is more important than a job."

Me: "In certain jobs, you have to be able to lift heavy objects and be on your feet for a long period of time, usually around 8 hours for a minor. Would this be a challenge for you?" 

Kelly: "Most likely not, I'm always lifting heavy things around the house and yard whenever I help my dad, and standing up might be difficult at first but I'll get used to it." 

Me: "What do you see in yourself that would make you a good applicant for a job?" 

Kelly: "I think I'm hardworking, polite to people, a perfectionist . . .  just things like that." 

I wish Kelly the best of luck in getting a job within the next few months!

-Aeriel Corvin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Comments will post after approval from a moderator.