Pages

Thursday, April 28, 2016

Poem: in a Kitchen

How would you feel having to make that decision.
Tears dripping, imagine your beautiful baby girl in the kitchen.
Fast forward two months later.
I'm in a bathroom getting high and she calls twice.
I can't see her, I can't speak to her.
I can't hear that voice,
I'm sorry but I can't look at something so precious while I'm a mess,
and my family knows it, her family knows it.
I'm scared to come home and she won't recognize me.
she will be older, I would be closer to dying.
I have missed so much of her lying, complaining, defying and changing.
I would have changed all of my good moments for one of the bad.
I have been gone for so many years, I just got her invitation in the mail.
It's my little girl's graduation and I don't know how I should feel.
Now I'm in the kitchen tears dripping wonder where my daughter's gone.
I call her, I'm finally speaking to her, I can't believe I'm hearing her voice.
I meet her, it's sad to say but feels like the first time.
We start talking, We start crying in a kitchen wondering where our life is going.
Fast forward a week later, we start seeing each other every other week,
and our bond is greater than ever.

-Justice Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Comments will post after approval from a moderator.