Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

How Far Will Families Really Go When It Comes To Hunger?

In Hlaing Tharyar, hunger only gets worse. As families have no education, they have no faith in a future. As you can guess, many children will go out to the streets in the morning and pick through the garbage cans or scraps from the sidewalk. Until one day a young child finds glue . . . Zin Oo was walking down the street one day and picked up a can of glue, and yes, he sniffed it. Fox News states these words from the child; "'It gives me a sense of peace,' he says, taking a break so he can draw the strong, noxious fumes into his young lungs. 'I forget my hunger for a moment and dream of things that I cannot do in my real life.'" Also that "'When I sniff glue, I close my eyes and in my dreams I go to nightclubs and have fun.'" Zin and his brother make maybe two to three dollars, if lucky, and give half to their parents, and use half to buy glue. So the real question is, how far would your boundaries go if you were homeless, hungry, and came across glue?

-Kierra Gertz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Comments will post after approval from a moderator.