Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

John Force Wins 16th NHRA Championship

John Force won his 16th NHRA championship on Sunday. His first NHRA championship was back in 1990. This wasn’t an easy win for the 64 year-old: Force had to beat his 25 year-old daughter, Courtney Force. It was a close race, but John won. His car ran 4.062 seconds at 310.63 mph. Courtney ran 4.085 seconds at 319.22 mph. What a close race! This win for Force marks his 10th championship for Ford and 75th race victory for his Mustang. In an interview with Damon Lowney for AutoBlog.com, Force says, "I don't like seeing those 'Sweet 16' signs the fans are showing me now. I'm not quitting. I love it out here and I'll be back next year going for 17."

-David Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Comments will post after approval from a moderator.