Pages

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Forensics: It’s not just for scientists anymore!

     This year, RRHS has introduced forensics as a class instead of just an extracurricular. In a recent interview with Ms. Bradberry, she said “I’m so excited about our new forensics class at RRHS! So far, students are “story-telling” and “poetry-reading” in small group settings." Forensics is a Virginia High School League (VHSL) activity in public speaking and dramatic interpretation.
     I interviewed a few of Ms. Bradberry’s students and they all had positive things to say about the class. Ashley Pertee said “I absolutely love this class; I’m very outspoken so this class fits me well.” When Lindsey Henley was asked why she took the class, she replied with “I took this class to develop my public speaking skills.” Lauren McGrady was also asked what she thought of the class; she replied with “It’s a great experience to get to meet new people and break out of your shell. The team is also really fun too!” Beth Refitt replied “It’s a lot of fun! You get to go outside your comfort zone!”
     The forensics team and Ms. Bradberry encourage anyone who has free time during 3A to come by and check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Comments will post after approval from a moderator.