Pages

Monday, May 23, 2016

Interview with RRHS Math Teacher Mrs. Melissa Dalton

Mrs. Dalton is a math teacher here at RRHS. She is currently teaching Algebra II, calculus,  and Algebra parts A & B. She has had a 100% pass rate in all her SOL's. Mrs. Dalton is one of Rural Retreat's most dedicated teachers, and students love her. 

Q: What are you plans after this school year ends?

A: My plans are to continue to teach math until I finish my Master’s degree in school counseling.

2. Q: Do you have different plans for the next five years?

A: I truly want to be a school counselor, but I have two years of study and courses left, including over 750 internship hours.

3. Q: If so, what do you hope to do?

A: I hope to be a school counselor.

4. Q: What is your dream job?

A: My dream job is teaching and education as well as promoting academic achievement with the students God places me with. So whether it be in math or in counseling I will live my dream.


5. Q:What schooling have you finished?

A: I have a Bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Emory & Henry College, a Master’s degree in mathematics with an emphasis on curriculum and instruction, and I am halfway to a Master’s degree in school counseling from Liberty University.

6. Q:What got you interested in teaching math?

A:The love of math and the careers it supplements.

8. Q:Would you ever completely stop teaching math?

A:Probably not because math is everywhere.

9.Q: How many hours do you spend teaching math each week? 

A: 60 +

10. Q:How do you manage all your math? 

A:With a lot of hard work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Comments will post after approval from a moderator.