Pages

Friday, April 29, 2016

Not really yours

     I'm not really yours, I belong to no one, and no one and nothing belongs to me. I feel no sadness, I feel no pain, weakness is foreign, but happiness is too. Germany is my home, for now. I learn ten years worth of schooling, memories, and unspoken words in less than 15 minutes. The name I'm called is Sophia, and even that name does not belong to me. I'm subjected to little things, I take care of others.

   "Always give and never take." That's the rule. Sophia is 10 years old and is struggling with cancer near the lungs. She goes to school every day, she loves dancing in the kitchen, and she hates the taste of peanut putter. She is small and frail, yet strong. Sophia is happy, all smiles, and she was also only given five weeks left to live. Her parents do not know that. But the people do. The people are the ones who take care of Sophia every day. The people are over all the rest of them.


    Every bot is given a certain child. For when that child passes away, we take their place. No mother should have to fall at the mercy of pain because of losing a child. It's far too much to handle. When Sophia passed away, they sent me to her home, to live forever. I'm hooked up to a machine, and every memory, laugh, direction, pain, sadness, happiness and bicycle accident is engraved into my bot brain. Now I have the power to feel all of these amazing and tragic things.

    I transform from a bot to a person. Her parents will never, ever know. I have three little siblings now. It feels so good to be loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Comments will post after approval from a moderator.