Pages

Friday, March 20, 2015

Father Refuses to Give up Newborn Baby

According to Christian Post, a New Zealand father's (Samuel Forrest) American wife (Ruzan Badalyan) left him because he refuses to give up his newborn son diagnosed with down syndrome. 

Their son (Leo) was born on January 21st in America. He was diagnosed shortly after his birth. 

"This pediatrician walks out of the room with a little bundle — that was Leo," said Forrest. "She had his face covered up and hospital authorities wouldn't let me see him or my wife. When the doctor came out, he said 'there's a real problem with your son.'"

Samuel says his wife said this to him when they got the news. "She told me if I kept him then we would get a divorce."

Last Thursday Badalyan confirmed she gave birth to the child and that she left her husband, but no further details were shared. 

Badalyan posted this on Facebook: "The first thing that came to my mind after the diagnosis was that I don't want my child to live in a country where certain stereotypes dominate the lives of people with DS and no opportunities at all. I want him to be involved and well-received in society, an integration that will require years and years for our society to adjust to. I saw the evasive looks of the doctors, my relatives' tear-stained faces, received calls of condolences and realised [sic] that only a move to a country with such standards as New Zealand would entitle my son to a decent life."

She has said that she is the one supporting her family with a $180 salary (and some help from her family members) right now and she didn't see how they could raise a special needs child. 

-Haley Vannatter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Comments will post after approval from a moderator.